Families and Parenting
- Is there chaos in the household at the end of the day?
- Are your children fighting with each other more than most?
- Are you struggling to establish structure and consistency in your parenting style?
- Are you sparring with your spouse over how to respond to your children’s misbehavior?
- Is your teen retreating from relationship and keeping problems and happenings too private rather than coming to you for help?
There is family therapy for that!
Resilience – That ability to persevere and thrive….
We all come from a family – however that looks! That family was our base for learning what we know of attachment, trust, protection, dealing with loss, developing flexibility and resilience, and the social skills we need to master the world outside. These particular lessons are what we carry into our relationships with others and into raising our children.
The relationship between you/your family and your therapist can become a developmental constant through the bumps, ruptures in relationships, and shifts in developmental needs of the individuals in your family and, indeed, of the family itself. I appreciate the opportunity to help families before the crisis, to move through the crisis, to thrive beyond the crisis:
- To strengthen the bonds of support within the family
- To use collaborative skills with your parenting partner and with your children
- To practice emotional self-regulation and mindfulness to enable calm in the crisis