When you look for Child, Teen, or Family Therapy services in Charlottesville VA, you have many providers from whom to choose. When you choose a Clinical Psychologist such as Dr. Cathleen Rea you are consulting with a professional with advanced training and experience in a range of psychological services. You will receive valuable support whatever is the developmental task of your place in life.
When you are looking for skills for moving through the stressors of life – for RESILIENCE, here is where you will find them! These skills are important for:
• Your toddler adjusting to preschool or family changes.
• Your grade-schooler trying to make friends and take on the responsibilities and joys of learning.
• Your teens as they attempt to tame their exuberance for living, in all forms, and to use their newly formed critical thinking skills to independently make good choices.
• You as a young adult, struggling with the challenges of establishing your “Place,” as you move out into the world through college and career.
• You as an adult, keeping your head above water as you make a difference in the world for yourself and those important to you, including, for some of you, the children you now are raising.
• You unexpectedly face the challenge of a developmental shift in the life of “family” as
you have known it.
• You have children in two homes and are valiantly attempting to make the “business” of coparenting with your ex-spouse less stressful for you and your children.
It is also valuable to understand what we bring to a problem-solving situation – our thinking skill strengths and weaknesses, our attention and memory skills, our emotional make-up, and our confidence in ourselves and our relationships with others. This knowledge helps us distinguish between situational and person-centered factors affecting attention, learning, and mood regulation.